Friday, February 18

I ♥ LA


Ahhh, California.  As soon as I get off the plane at LAX I instantly feel relaxed. I was in LA over the weekend and had a fabulous time.  The weather was warm, the sun was shining and the vibe was as laid back as ever.  It was the perfect break from the hectic work week and cold weather I've gotten so used to.  We walked in the sun, shopped, enjoyed some refreshing cocktails and, of course, ate deliciously all weekend long.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Ricky's fish tacos.  Ricky sets up shop in a nondescript, open-air lot and fries up the freshest and most delicious fish tacos you'll ever have.  Topped with crunchy cabbage, fresh pico de gallo and homemade sauces, these tacos are at once hot and refreshing.  They are out of this world.
The Intellegentsia latte at Square One.  The perfect morning drink in a cozy and tucked away space in the always hip Los Feliz neighborhood.  This latte is deliciously nutty and strong, just the way I like them.  Along with the coffee, the breakfast menu is perfection.  Using local and organic ingredients, everything we ordered was flavorful, healthy and satisfying.  Bring your computer and park it at a distressed wooden table inside, or check out the gorgeous outdoor garden.  You'll want to sit, talk, eat and sip coffee all day long.   
Pork taco with a side of beans from the famous, James Beard award winning Yuca's taco stand.  California, to me, means Mexican food, so that's what I filled up on all weekend.  These pork tacos are insanely good.  Be sure to grab a pickled jalapeƱo to munch on too.
Sprinkles cupcakes.  Vanilla up top and red velvet below.  Pure bliss in my book.  Sweet, buttery, moist and pefectly frosted.   I have to say that the vanilla is my personal favorite (and the hit of the weekend) but all of their confections are delicious.  Yes, we drove to Beverly Hills on a Saturday and waited in line for 30 minutes to snag a dozen of these sweet cakes but it was definitely worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment