Thursday, July 25

Jeni's Pistachio Ice Cream

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home has become one of my favorite cookbooks.  That says a lot, since this is a book filled exclusively with ice cream recipes.  But I love it because the techniques are inspired and the flavor profiles are fantastic. Whenever I'm looking for some sweet flavor inspiration, it's the first book I reach for.  I've made quite a few recipes from it but the one that reigns supreme for me is the simple pistachio ice cream.  I've always loved pistachio ice cream and this version is one of the best I've tasted.  You can find the recipe here.  No fake pistachio flavoring or green food coloring necessary.  Just that pure, nutty, salty and rich real pistachio taste I love so much.  Jeni's certainly does not disappoint.


Roasted pistachios, pulverized into a thick paste.

A quick spin in the ice cream maker.
Frozen, creamy and divine.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I have to make this tonight. That sweet petal bowl in the bottom picture is wonderful and suits the pistachio ice cream so well.

    ReplyDelete