Monday, November 22

One Year


Over the weekend, Dave and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary.  It was a memorable weekend filled with good food, good friends and a lot of reminiscing.  For the first time in quite a while, I spent some time thinking back on our wedding night and the magical time that it was.  We were lucky enough to have our reception at a beautiful, local French restaurant.  We offered a list of our favorite flavors to the chef, who ultimately created the perfect tasting menu for our guests.  The results were utterly delicious, to say the least.  Cocktails were poured, wine was passed and perfectly appointed courses were passed for a good portion of the night.  We danced, we laughed and we spent time with the ones we love.  It is sometimes said that as time passes, the details of your wedding begin to cloud and fade.  This may be true, but I think I can speak for both Dave and I when I say that the tastes of that night will certainly stay with us forever.  

We had menus printed so that our guests could read about the small plates being passed.
Poached foie gras with pears in Banyuls wine and duck proscuitto.  Decadent and perfect.
Grilled beef short rib with slow poached potato, brussels sprouts and smoked bacon.
Artichoke salad with Moroccan spices, preserved lemon and olives.
Bite-sized desserts were served just as the band began to get loud.
One year . . .  time flies when you're having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment